11.13.2008

All I want is a little peace and quiet.

I have decided that I am going to plug in my mom's treadmill and start using it everyday so that I move more. I could walk outside, but that's a bit dangerous where I live. We don't have sidewalks so I'd be walking around on the shoulder of a busy street (and there have been WAY too many hit n runs lately) or I can walk up and down the road we live on, but that gets boring fast. So the treadmill it is. I do have to admit that I'm so ready to move out of my parents house. I love them to death, but I'm getting pissy towards my dad and it's not about anything major - it's just little things that annoy me (ie: he coughs a lot, the tv is always super loud because he's older now), none of them are his fault. One big thing that irks me, is the fact that he's home more often than he's at work because of the economy and market and all that fun stuff, I guess. I love my daddy, don't get me wrong, but I also love my ME TIME...and when I get up and he's there, it kinda eliminates the quiet house, with the television off and the peaceful feeling of being alone. I want to get a job ASAP and start saving up my money so I can get out on my own soon. I also don't wanna work out with my dad there... I dunno... but I have no choice, I don't wanna sit on my duff all day. So here's to walking tomorrow :D

1 comment:

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

Adri,
All I can tell you is to be patient. Moving out is a difficult thing to accomplish the first time if you don't have the money saved for it. That is why most kids end up back home. Be patient. Get a job, save enough money for 3 or 4 months rent. I don't know what your area requires, but most places want first month, last month and deposit. I think the biggest thing for you to do right now is to get a job. That will get you out of the house more. Give you some of that independence that you seek. I know it could be hard to find a job with our economy in the crapper, but just look around. There are jobs out there. They are just a little harder to find.
Good luck!
~Barb~