3.14.2009

Nervousness

I've decided, with the support of my best friend, Marissa, and of my loving boyfriend, that I need to tell my parents that I have shifted my job search to Austin, plan on moving up there as soon as I get a job. I am trying to tell people that I have a trip planned so that I can maybe interview while I'm up there. I need to tell my dad that I am going to be in Austin from the 28th-6th, mom already knows, and I have to tell them that I've switched my job search to Austin instead of down here, because if I get a job down here I'll have to put in at least a year, which means another year apart from Jeremy, and that's not what I want. I also have to break the news to them that I'm planning on moving in with Jeremy instead of getting a place of my own - it'll be cheaper and besides, either he'll be at my place, or I'll be at his, so it's kind of pointless to get a separate place. I know I'm going to get long conversations and huffs n puffs and I'm not looking forward to it AT ALL. But I can't just get a job and then say "mom, dad, i got a job, i'm moving in two weeks." I don't think I'm going to do it tonight, but I have to do it soon. I just need to stick to my guns and not blow up when they express their concerns and unhappiness. I need to remain calm, and show them it's not some spur of the moment idea I'm having. They need to see that I mean what I say and that it's what I want, and that I at least have a plan, and this is what I want, and what I'm going to do.


HUGS!

2 comments:

Cheerful Homemaker said...

Good luck! It's always scary to tell your parents big news, but it's always best to be honest from the beginning!

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

I think this is a very good idea. And the best thing you can do is what you already said.....remain calm, let them blow, and then explain your reasons.
I support you!