2.27.2009

Jumping on the Fat Wagon (no offense LOL!)

With my friends wanting to lose weight, and being brave enough to post on their blogs all of the gruesome details and numbers, I've decided to join the club. I need to get this stuff under control. Seriously! I remember when I was in high school and I weighed 220... no one ever believed that I weighed that because I'm tall and I guess it was distributed well? I don't know. But it's been 10 years since then, and I have done nothing but increased that number. My mom is on her way to slimming down to my size, which makes me happy for her, but I really don't want to be heavier than her. I have to do something NOW! I just turned 27 and just graduated from college. I am ready to take those next few steps in my life.

So ... here are the nitty-gritty numbers:

As of today, February 27, 2009, and standing at 5'10"


Weight
: 271.0 lbs.
(our scale has the added bonus of determining your % Body Fat! - thanks scale *rolls eyes*)

% Body Fat: 46.4
(Eeeeeek!)

BMI: 38.9




There ya go! The ugly, ugly truth. I have no plan, yet. I can't go to a gym. Dad has offered, but I don't think I'd go... though I should. We have Wii Fit, but with my dad home half of the day, I don't think I'd do it. I don't like comments from the peanut gallery. I will cut down my portions, I will eat more times a day to get my metalabism (lol Big Daddy, anyone?) going, and I will drink more water during the day. I will also add more fiber to my diet and anything else I can think of. I won't be too hard on myself if the numbers go up, or don't go down so quickly, but I will post the numbers every Friday. I promise! Maybe soon, I'll get brave enough to post progress pictures... or maybe I'll wait til I start going to a gym.

HUGS!

3 comments:

Barbara_in_COviaWA said...

I'm so proud of you! Being open is a great start. I know how hard it is to start an exercise program, so this is what I recommend. Walk. Seriously. You will see such an improvement just by walking. Start out with just 15 minutes a day. After a few days, add 5 more minutes. Before you know it you will be walking 3 or more miles in an hour. It works. Really it does. If your streets are not safe for daytime walking, like no sidewalks and lots of traffic, then go up to a school and walk the track.
YAY!

Cheerful Homemaker said...

Hooray, you! I'm so proud of you for being brave enough to post your weight! You are going to do great! You are fortunate enough that you live in a climate area where you can go out and go for walks each day. If your mom is trying to get healthy, maybe you can go for walks in the evenings!

Aimee said...

Alright! Welcome to "fat camp" blogger style. lol. like i just said to Marie-Etta...I wish i had some great advice for you. But just know you are not alone and I am super proud of ya!!